Monday, October 11, 2004

Idaho

Thoughts from my drive from Seattle to Couer d'Alene today:

1. Driving long, easy drives (little traffic, no real deadlines) through new territory is good for the head and the heart. It gives me time to think, and to remember how much of the world I haven't seen---and thus how small my perspective really is. All day I wanted to stop in the small towns I passed and ask people what they thought of charities, or the war, or the economy. Reminds me to keep asking and keep listening.

2. The Cascades are too pretty to describe.

3. Eastern Washington State is as different in terms of biome from Seattle as Antartica is from Florida (this I had been told, but had never seen).

4. I'm glad that when this gig in Idaho is over, and I get done in San Antonio Thursday and Friday, I get to go home for a couple of weeks.


No comments: