Sunday, February 04, 2007

Doing the Right Thing...

I have told my clients and my kids for years and years and years what my grandfather and father always told me.
"Do the right thing. First, it's the right thing. Second, it's the smart thing, too."

I've tried my best to follow their good advice, and knowing the right thing is a whole lot easier sometimes than actually doing it. Like everyone else, I've had vexing choices and have fallen back on their words more times than I can remember.

Well, today in my in box from the New York Times comes a case study from Colorado Springs of a guy who not only did the right thing (after a severe, in-your-face wake up call) but has done it for years, and discovered that the right thing is also the smart thing.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/04/business/yourmoney/04bigari.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin
is the article, and if you are not a registered NYTimes user, you have to (at NO cost) create an account. It's worth it, trust me.

A shout out to Steven T. Bigari. Good for you, good for your employees, and good for your community.

No comments: