Monday, March 28, 2005

Fam time, thank you.

As I write this, I am sitting in our hotel room in La Jolla, just north of San Diego, listening to the surf and the birds. My body is on Chicago time, so I'm up way early, even though the rest of the family is asleep. This week is family time, so blogging may wane a bit. My wife and daughter and I are here for a couple of tourist days and then we head to Seattle to see our Microsoft son, Ben, and have a dual birthday party, before heading home Sunday.

I am very, very thankful to have a functioning, happy family that values its time together. In my work, I train or consult with so many organizations who either work with disfunctional families, or the sad and sometimes tragic results of those disfunctions. Whole organizations formed and funded to deal with the discarded pieces of what, in my life, has been a central joy.

I am really, really lucky.

No comments: