Saturday, November 24, 2007

If you have a minute....

This morning, as I recover from the amazing food that my brother-in-law has been feeding us over the holidays, my daughter Caitlin turned me on to a great site if you can spare a minute....

Free Rice is a site where you challenge your vocabulary and help feed hungry people all at the same time. You take a rolling multiple choice vocab test and for each answer you answer correctly, ten grains of rice are donated through the United Nations. The words get harder as you get more right, and you get to see the results of your efforts in a bowl of rice on the site.

Very cool. Feed your brain and someone else's belly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes... I've been spreading the word to my friends as well. The great thing about this is that players don't even have to sign papers or add email addresses. None of that. All they have to do is play and play until they get tired. I'm not really sure how the points actually translate into real life but it sure gets a lot of people interested.