Thursday, April 12, 2007

The interesting time....

I'm certainly a happy camper--and not bored. I have some great gigs going; one on a community-wide generation change assessment, one on how to use corporate structures to employ more people with disabilities (and make their work experience more positive). I have a ton of speaking engagements over the next four weeks, many on generation change as well.

Personally, there's a tidal wave coming at me. In the next five weeks, my middle child graduates (summa cum laude-way to go Adam!) from the aerospace engineering program at the University of Michigan, my youngest child comes home after her freshman year at Boston University, my wife has her retirement party--although her last day of teaching isn't til early June, and rocket boy leaves for his internship at the Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena. And, of course, then all we have to do is sell the house, and move. We've been in this house for 17 years, raised our kids here, really. So there's not only a lot of physical stuff, there's a lot of emotional baggage here as well.

On to nonprofit things: three people in the last 48 hours (who are unaware of my new book, obviously) have said, in talking about nonprofit trends, "Yeah, and I'm worried about all the exec retirements...no one is really thinking about the change of generations...."

Good advice for nonprofit bloggers (a practice I think can really help you connect with your constituency) at Techsoup. Check the link, and then this one for 9 More Lessons....

Techlinks has a nice article about research on the overall cost effect of tech purchases in nonprofits. The research shows that tech can, in fact, save nonprofits money...

Off to Boston for the weekend. Given the forecast for Sunday, I may never return.....

No comments: