Friday, June 24, 2005

A great set of standards

I'm late in getting this to you. Last month, I was in Ann Arbor with the people from NEW, and was handed a copy of the new Principles and Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Michigan. These were put together by the Michigan Nonprofit Association. I put them on my pile to read, and only got to them earlier this week. My bad.

The policies are really very good, and worth a look. The documents include a Basic Infrastructure checklist, as well as detailed information in the areas of Planning, Governance, HR, Financial Management, Transparency and Accountability, Fundraising, Public Policy and Advocacy, Information Technology, Strategic Alliances, and Evaluation.

For organizations trying to be the state of the art, this is an excellent place to start.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, just happened to locate your blog on book child publisher. I wanted to say thank you for having an informative blog like this. If you have a chance, please drop by my site. We provide fresh resources on book child publisher. I will be sure and bookmark your site and return again. Thanks, Larry

Crazy Dan said...

Good morning Peter Brinckerhoff, I find it quite refreshing to occasionally find a post such as yours with a different topic completely. It somehow ads to ones little list of lifes experiences.

I seem to have a soft spot for blogs related to
# #LINK## and /or sites that have a central theme around submit articles type items. I guess this comes from being a webmaster as well.

Crazy Dan said...

Tis the season! I was searching the web and found your entry A great set of standards I really like your site and found it worth time reading through the post. I am looking to publish a comprehensive site ranges many types of historical needlework. All those interested in this area will find this article of interest as it is written from many perspective. Please feel free to take a look at my blog at financial management learning and add any thing your want.

Crazy Dan said...

Tis the season! I was searching the web and found your entry A great set of standards I really like your site and found it worth time reading through the post. I am looking to publish a comprehensive site ranges many types of historical needlework. All those interested in this area will find this article of interest as it is written from many perspective. Please feel free to take a look at my blog at learning management and add any thing your want.