Saturday, July 16, 2005

Out of the woods, energized by the Alliance

I'm back from vacation, two weeks of family, friends, hiking, sailing, kayaking, and hanging out.

Reading Tom Friedman's newest: The World Is Flat, and loving it. What a great mind, a fabulous way to see the big strategic picture. I recommend it highly, though it is BIG. But so important.

As I write this I'm in Chicago, getting ready to head out for the Saturday edition of the Alliance for Nonprofit Management's annual conference here. What a fabulous group of people. Even only being with them yesterday afternoon left me more energized, more ready to get back to work than I could ever have done on my own.

Whenever I am with these peers, I am reminded yet again of the power of a group of people who are face to face and working toward a common goal.

Much fun, gotta go have some more.

No comments: